In this post, we wanted to share how choosing Kingdom Coffee and our products helps us continue to support Toybox, an amazing charity who aim to help street children and run prevention and outreach projects in Guatemala City. The following comes from a report we have been sent by Toybox directly.
Over the last 12 months, your generosity has helped some of the most vulnerable children on the streets:
• 100 street children and young people a month were provided with night-time support with the distribution of food, drinks and given basic medical care.
• Over 100 street children were actively involved in life skills workshops, recreational activities and/or child rights workshops, where they also received food & drinks.
• 63 street children accessed therapeutic and psycho-social support.
• 38 street children accessed health care.
• 95 young people in street situations were supported & gained work skills.
• 343 street children and young people were suppor
written by Lynne Morris OBE
... is a UK charity working with street children in Latin America, Africa and Asia. Toybox started its work in Guatemala City in 1992, we are still there today, working with children who have been plunged into the chaos of living or working on the streets. We believe no child should have to live on the streets and strive for a world in which every child can access their basic human rights and live a happy, fulfilled life. Our vision is of a just world, with no street children. www.toybox.org.uk
Toybox and Kingdom Coffee have a 12-year partnership and to date Kingdom Coffee have donated over £80,000 to Toybox with a pledge to donate £100,000 in 10 years. Over the l
Posted: July 15, 2022
Partnering with Toybox in their outreach program for the street children of Guatemala
Short Report - Summer 2022
"Across our Latin American partners, there have been anecdotal reports of increases in levels of insecurity for partner staff and for project participants in all three countries. While multiple factors are at play, it is clear that the pandemic has led to huge increases in economic instability and increased numbers of children on the streets, as well as increased levels of substance abuse.
GUATEMALA: Capital - Guatemala City; Population: 17.25m; Covid-19 Cases: 897,612*; Deaths: 18,504*
*Figures – 28 June 2022